Saturday, November 7, 2009

Timothy Geithner 'United States National Treasury' $10M Wire Transfer Spam

The following spam, obviously not from the real Timothy Geithner, was received early Saturday morning in Windows Live Hotmail junk box from an @sify.com address (timothygeithner1).

"I am Timothy Geithner, Secretary of the United States National Treasury.‏"

Good day to you, I am Timothy Geithner, Secretary of the United
States National
Treasury.President Barack Obama nominated me to be the 75th secretary
of the treasury on January 20th, 2009. I am the president's leading policy
adviser on a broad range of domestic and international economic issues.I have
spent most of my career at the U.S. Treasury, which I joined in 1988 after
having worked three years in the private sector for Kissinger Associates.

Before going to the IMF, I Geithner was undersecretary for
international affairs
at the Treasury Department under then- Secretary Lawrence Summers.I played a
major role in the Treasury's efforts to contain the Asian financial
crisis in 1997 and 1998. A biography, furnished by the New York Fed,
highlights
my management responsibilities. I am the director of the Policy
Development and Review Department at the IMF, which has a staff of 180 people.

As a Treasury official, I Geithner participated in a number of international
negotiations, including agreement on international banking standards known as
the Basel accord, and an agreement that created the IMF's expanded emergency
reserve fund.I am married and has two children to my Name, also received my
bachelor's degree in government and Asian studies from Dartmouth College and a
master's degree in economics and East Asian studies from Johns Hopkins
University. Kindly visit the website below to view my personal profile.

Website: www.treas.gov/organization/bios/geithner-e.shtml

The United Nations have given me due instructions, alongside with the World
Bank to wire the sum of $10Million US Dollars Only into your Bank Account in a
Legal way.

For this reason I have contacted you. Below is the Required Documents:

1: United Nations Stop Order Document
2: World Bank Clearance Certificate
3: Proof of Ownership Certificate.


These three documents are needed before i can proceed with the transfer of the
total fund into your Nominated bank account.The United States Department of
Justice, can help you secure this needed documents,I will furnish with the
contact detail of whom to contact, so that this transaction can be completed
without delay.

In the meantime, I want you to re-Confirm the following details to me for your
case file processing.

Legal First and Last Name:
Complete Residential Address & Age
Direct Telephone No & Fax
Legal Occupation and Position
Address of Occupation

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks and God Bless you.

Mr. Timothy Geithner
Executive Secretary United States
Treasury Department Main Treasury1500
Pennsylvania Avenue,
NW Washington, D.C. 20220

1 comment:

Satich Dash said...

A very greatfull site and nice article for Hot videoes and Videoes analysis.
Business Opportunity Online