Friday, August 17, 2007

Spam on Fire: 107 Spams to My Gmail in Less than 24 Hours!

The spam keeps coming. Over 100 in less than 24 hours and I guess over 500 in about 48 hours. The great news, Google and Gmail are doing a great job of not putting any legit emails in the spam box. Also, the number of spam emails ending up in my Gmail inbox can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

What continues to be annoying is the large number of spams, which I must make sure are spam. So, hats off to Google and Gmail for doing a great job, but what can we do in general, about the large amount of spam?

It's worth mentioning that my Hotmail email account (now called Windows Live Hotmail), which used to get the most junk email, hardly gets any spam these days. I can probably can't on the fingers of one hand the amount of spam I receive daily to the Hotmail "junk" box. However, the problem with Hotmail is that legit emails do end up in the "junk" box with some frequency. The good news is that since the amount of spam is very little these days, it is easy to spot legit emails.

That's it for today. Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: