Monday, August 20, 2007

200+ Spams to My Gmail Over the Weekend

The spam flows regardless of the day of the week, 221 to be exact, since last count. One thing is that I check less carefully for legit emails in the spambox over the weekend, since I'm not expecting anything official to come through Saturday-Sunday. Similar to earlier posts, only a few spams ended up in my Gmail inbox, meaning overall, Gmail's spam filters and blocker are doing their job. It's like beating a dead horse, but the biggest gripe is the volume of the spam, which never ceases, infiltrating the spam box day and night. My Windows Live Hotmail account continues to receive very little spam ("junk mail") and only the occasional spam slipping into the inbox. You do have to be careful with Hotmail, as I've said before, since Hotmail will filter legit emails as "junk."

I will be looking at using some third-party mail software such as Thunderbird and share what I find. In the meantime, have a good start to your week!

No comments: